Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Is it true some people in England with Irish roots are foretting their heritage,?

Example Wayne Rooney, No one ever mentios him being Irish ancestry or anything, and all seem to say he is English, has passion of English, typical English mentaliity, and proud to be English playing for England, ok yes he is born in England and his ancesters came from Ireland years years ago, but i belive Irish shud still have some sense of indenity of being Irish, and not forgettign ur roots, i mean lots of Irish people talk about being u can never compare Irish to English, Irish will never be proud of being English, but u dont u agree their r loads of people with Irish ancestry who dnt seem to know they have Irish origins etc.Is it true some people in England with Irish roots are foretting their heritage,?
Why did you give the example of Rooney? Why do you think HE has forgotten his heritage? You just gave the example of the English Media calling him English (which he is). Perhaps Mr. Rooney is quite proud of his Irish heritage...but also knows that he's English.Is it true some people in England with Irish roots are foretting their heritage,?
why are you always asking the same questions???? It's getting very boring, are you just stupid and not understanding the answers that people give you.





Who cares what people in England are doing. I sure as hell dont. And whats your obsession with this, was your great great great great great great great great great grandaddy from ireland
EVERYONE EVERYWHERE (ALMOST) I BELIEVE CONVIENTLY FORGETS THEIR HERITAGE
Does it matter?





Obviously it does to to you!





I have some Irish blood in me, but call myself English. I was raised in England, and am proud of my country. My daughters constantly brag that they are more Scottish than English due to my other heritage being Manx, and Jewish plus a little Scottish. My wife is 100% Scottish, and never lets me forget it!





I don't wear hats of convenience if I'm visiting potential personal heritage sites - why should !?
even Irish people forget their heritage, so I don't think it's a big a deal as you think it is, I am Irish, my mum, dad, and both sets of Grandparents were Irish, as were their grandparents, but My Surname (Phillips) is a Welsh name, so does that make me welsh?? I wouldn't think so, if your name is Johnson does that make you danish or swedish? heritage is how much you wish to be associated with your ancestry, I consider myself 100% Irish and I have looked down on Americans in the past who have a granny who had a dog called guinness and claimed to be Irish...but who cares really?? the most important thing is to respect where you come from and where someone else comes from, If Rooney wanted to Play for Ireland, he would have been very welcome, but when plastic paddy players who claim to be Irish because they can't get a game for another country want to play for us then that is what makes me sick, people like Kevin Nolan, Franck Quedrue etc. so I applaud rooney for being English and loving being English
eh yeah whatever irish people would never ever EVER forget there roots

No comments:

Post a Comment