Sunday, February 7, 2010

Can a true Yankee fan ever root for the Red Sox?

Rudy Guiliani has always said he is a Yankees fan, but now he says he is rooting for the Red Sox in the World Series. So, was he lying then, or is he lying now?Can a true Yankee fan ever root for the Red Sox?
Never, never, never. I bet it is the same with the Red Sox fans. they wouldn't root for the Yankees. Both teams are rivals but I enjoy the rivalry %26amp; I think the reason Guiliani is saying he wants Red Sox to win, is all about getting those votes for becoming the president, by the way, AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN %26amp; he ain't no fan of the Red Sox. He shows that politicians will do almost anything for a vote or some publicityCan a true Yankee fan ever root for the Red Sox?
I remember back in '04, I heard of a Yankees fan who was rooting for the Sox because his son was a Sox fan and was dying of some incurable disease, but I think that was more about family than about choices of team. Nice story though.

Report Abuse



I do. Look, I was for Cleveland all year long, but when they fell, the last AL team was Boston. Whatever else anyone says, they are one of the most impressive teams I've ever seen. I happen to like them anyway, though they aren't my team, but when it's time to root for them, I do. No one, I mean NO ONE, tells me who to cheer for or not. I like good baseball. In this Series, we're watching two of the best and my emotional leaning is AL.
No simple as that
A true Yank fan should never root for the Red Sox. Traitor!
Most Old-Time Yankees like Phil Rizzuto always rooted against the National League.





Many Yankee fans rooted against the Mets in '86, albeit when the rivalry was a lot cooler than it is now.





Giuliani firmly has Colorado over Hillary - Massachusetts is probably a tossup. new englanders can respect another Northeasterner but are likely to look down upon carpetbaggers like Hillary who are form the Midwest. Giuliani was strategic on this one. He'll get a few thousand votes out of it.
Yes, it is possible. But the poor sportsmanship of the Red Sox fans when they are doing well makes it very hard for anyone to root for them.
A true Yankee fan can never root for Boston.





There are only two teams we like...the Yankees and whoever beats the Red Sox.





Go Yanks!
A true fan can never switch loyalties unless they have to like in the case of when the Dodgers moved to Los Angeles.
i would NEVER in my life root for the red sUx. imma true yankee fan. no doubt about it. and if you are a ';yankee fan'; and if the yankees lose and then you are a ';red sox fan'; you should just stop being a baseball fan because that is just being a poser.
never!,


rudolph wanna be president thats why he roots for redsucks, he tries to cogratulete with boston fans,


could a torie would change to liberalist side?
Only if his girlfriend is wearing and Red Sox bikini that's two sizes to small.
hillary will get the most votes becuase there's more yankee fans in the country then any other sports franchise.and well isn't she a yankee fan.and if you are a true yankees fan,you would never turn your back to the enemy.just mangine guilliani as are next president.[twiches left eye]
You Yankee fans my want to jump ship...the curse has been reversed...You guys aren't going to win for awhile...that organization is in shambles lol
Rudy just wants to rule the world. He is not a true fan.
no fool real new york yankee fans wont even look at red sox signs
Well I am a Cubs fan and I did not root for the Cards in the World Series. Same goes for the Yanks a true fan will NEVER root for there Rival.
you can do that. there is nothing wrong with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment