Friday, February 5, 2010

What is the true root of jealousy?

Ive heard so many times that it stems from child hood. What causes it and how can i keep the jealousy monster away for good!What is the true root of jealousy?
That's kind of a great question! I'd like to know more about this too...





because if you don't get jealous, that stems from solid self-esteem, right? How massive would esteem have to be to enable a partner to fool around with no ill effect?





And if one gets jealous, does it stand to reason that the person has minimal self-esteem? Or are we talking unprovoked jealousy that stems from imagination only?





To get rid of jealousy for good, know that you have no control over another person and that no other person owes you anything. Take care of you and expect others to be who they are. Then you never have to get jealous. You can simply walk away.





I have to wonder if that doesn't simply aid those who aim to be unfaithful though.What is the true root of jealousy?
The root of jealousy is...insecurity, of course. Think about it... :-)
Giving a crap about something causes jealousy. so stop caring at all
i don't know if there's one true root of jealousy... i think it's individual (insecurity) but may also be environmental (the trigger may stem from social inequalities of privileges and power)
The human heart in the ';ambitions'; section, just below Greed.


Could be a ';last ditch defense mechanism related to instinctive propagation of the species.
I think the true root of jealousy is an insecurity in a person. You must be secure in who are and what you have to offer. If not, you will always be jealous of what someone else has or who they are.
my cousin is really beautiful, and i used to be kind of jealous of her, but i felt horrible about it because it is such a nasty thing to do and i wanted to stop it before it got out of hand. but finally i just realized that jealousy is a wasted emotion that only hurts you in life, so i simply decided to stop feeling it, and after working hard at it, i dont anymore.
I think that most people feel jealousy at times when in a relationship.. Some more than others! I often find myself mad and jealous. I think alot of it could do with having some insecurites (as a previous poster mentioned) with yourself. Also, I am a pretty angry and mad person, so it causes me to get jealous more easily.
I agree that jealousy stems from insecurity, but I also believe strongly that jealousy can be turned on its head...an issue which has been very important in my life. When my wife had an affair many years ago, my world was rocked and I struggled with how to deal with it. Ultimately, I made the experience my own, and learned to enjoy the experience a little as an erotic event in my own life, too. There is a built in assumption that jealousy is bad...but I no longer feel that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment